American Training Locations
CPR training is very popular in the US, with many training providers offers training programs for Basic and Advanced Life Support. We have six providers in the country, located in 6 cities over 5 states. All of our providers have the same programs, certificates, and pre-requisites, with the only differences being the schedule of classes. No other provider in the country offers better training than us.
Enrolment and sign-up
Signing up for training is really easy. Because our providers want the trainees to have the best, most comfortable training experience, there are several ways a student can enrol for a class. The easiest – and most popular – way to sign up for training is through the online application form on the provider website. Sign up can also be done over e-mail, telephone call, and in person.
Our training providers can be found in six different cities, spread out over five states.
- Los Angeles, California – Los Angeles CPR
- San Francisco, California – San Francisco CPR
- Honolulu, Hawaii – Honolulu CPR
- Las Vegas, Nevada – Las Vegas CPR
- Portland, Oregon – Portland CPR
- Seattle, Washington – Seattle CPR
Credentials are awarded to all trainees who have complete attendance and pass the post-tests given at the end of training. Post-tests are typically composed of a practical and a written exam. Certificates are valid for 24 months, after that period of time, they expire. If you want to renew your certificate, be sure to sign up for a re-certification program before it expires. Expired certificates cannot be renewed and the trainee has to retake the training program.
There are a total of eight classes, five training programs and three re-certification classes. Re-certification classes are used to renew expired certificates and are usually shorter than the training program. Three of the training programs are under BLS training and two are under ALS training.
Basic Life Support
- Heartsaver CPR/AED – The basic CPR program for the general public is 4 hours long. It teaches basic CPR skills for 1-person rescue, first aid, and defibrillation.
- Heartsaver CPR/AED (C) – The basic CPR program for HCPs (healthcare providers) is 4.5 hours long. It teaches the same topics as the program for the public but tailors them for HCPs.
- Basic Life Support – This is also a program for HCPs. It teaches 1-person and 2-person CPR and the AHA’s BLS guidelines and runs for 4.5 hours.
Advanced Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support – This is the longest program offered, completed in 2 days, 16 hours in total. It teaches trainees how to give CPR to an adult in a clinical setting. It also teaches basic ECG tracing reading.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support – This program is 14 hours long and is completed over 2 days as well. It has the same curriculum as ACLS but for pediatric victims.