In the peak season of summer, some people end up being exposed to the sun for long periods of time since some love to sunbathe under the prickling heat of the sun. As a result, these individuals have the tendency to experience blisters caused by sunburn. When there is a heat wave, the intensity of the heat can be felt like crawling in the skin.
Blisters can develop when the skin is exposed to too much heat. The cells of the skin normally react by shifting the fluids from the intravascular spaces to the interstitial spaces in the skin and this is why blisters have a sac that is filled with fluid.
Treatment and home remedies of sunburn blisters
- Apply a cold compress by soaking a towel in cold water and then squeeze out the excess water. Place the cold towel over the affected area. You can repeat this process for several times in a day until there is relief from the burning sensation.
- Avoid applying ice directly over the blisters since it can cause the condition to worsen. The individual should avoid taking warm baths for a few days but take a bathe in cool water since this also helps lessen the pain.
- Using aloe vera is very effective in treating minor burn injuries including blisters caused by sunburn. Take note that this helps in minimizing pain, rehydrating skin that are burned as well as speeding up the healing process of the affected area. All you have to do is slice an aloe vera leaf in order to remove the gel and smear the gel over the blisters. Let it dry so that it will be fully absorbed by the skin.
- Dilute vinegar with cold water and dip a cloth into the solution and apply it over the sunburn blisters. Another way is to spray vinegar into the affected area in order to lessen pain. Combine equal amounts of vinegar and honey and then apply the mixture on the blister once every day since this helps in preventing infection from developing.
- Fill a bathtub with cool water then add two cups of powdered oatmeal. The individual should immerse his/her body in this bath at least for half an hour or more. You can add rose petals for better results. Wrap a cup of ground oatmeal using a cotton or muslin cloth and boil it in water for a few minutes, allow it to cool and use it as a sponge while soaking the body in the cool water bath.
- Use turmeric since it helps lessen pain and inflammation caused by the sunburn blisters. Turmeric possesses natural antiseptic and healing properties. All you have to do is combine 2 tablespoons of turmeric powder with water to create a paste and apply it over the blisters and leave in place for at least 10 minutes. Another way is create a paste by mixing turmeric powder with barley and yogurt and then apply it over the affected area. Leave it in place for 30 minutes and rinse after using cold water.
- Make a paste using raw potato. Simply slice the raw potato and put inside a blender to create a paste and then apply the paste over the blister and let it dry. Once it is dry, rinse it using cold water and repeat the process every day.