Lifesaving Society Re-Certifications
The Lifesaving Society is part of the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR). St Mark James, Heart and Stroke Foundation, and St. Johns Ambulance are all also part of ILCOR. Because all these major providers of first aid and CPR are under the same umbrella and take their CPR guidelines from the same group it is possible to re-certify your award with any one of these providers. This means that if you have a Lifesaving Society Certificate you are eligible for a re-certification course with the St Mark James. We provide both St Mark James and Lifesaving Society re-certifications.
The benefits to a re-certification course are as follows:
- A re-cert course is significantly cheaper than a full course. It can cost as little as half the price as a full course.
- A re-cert course is significantly shorter than a full course. It can take as little as half the time as a full course.
- A re-cert course focuses on the candidates weaknesses and covers the same curriculum as a full course but in a condensed format.
To be eligible for a renewal course via the St Mark James or Lifesaving Society a candidate must meet the following criteria:
A candidate must have earned a re-certification certificate or a regular full course certificate from a credible provider. Certificates received from online courses are not eligible for re-certification through the main providers. Main providers include: St Mark James, Lifesaving Society, Heart and Stroke Foundation and St. Johns Ambulance.
A candidate must have have completed a full course or a renewal course within the past 5 years. If a candidate has not completed a renewal course within the past 5 years he or she must re-take the entire course.
A candidate must have completed a re-cert or a full course within the same country. Certificates do not hold value internationally. If your certificate is from a country outside of Canada you must obtain permission from a Canadian provider (example: St Mark James) before attending a re-certification course.
Courses eligible for Re-Certification
First Aid and CPR courses:
- Emergency First Aid with CPR “A” and AED
- Emergency First Aid with CPR “C” and AED
- Standard First Aid with CPR “C” and AED
- Standard First Aid with CPR HCP and AED