Ways of treating lump under armpit
An armpit lump is swelling under the armpit that feels like a bump. The swelling can be due to cysts, swollen lymph nodes and infections. They can range from a reaction of the body to a new deodorant to cancer cells that has already spread to the armpit.
Causes of armpit lumps
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Bacterial, fungal or viral infection that develops in the arms or breast
- An infection of the entire body such as herpes or AIDS
- Breast cancer or lymphoma
- Allergic reactions to food and hygiene products
- Adverse reaction to certain vaccines
- A non-cancerous fibrous growth called fibroadenoma
- Fungal infections
- Pain can be felt when the lump is touched
- Swollen lump in the armpit
- Pain in the arm or areas in the chest
- Tenderness and inflamed skin over the swollen lump
- Discomfort with movements of the arm
- Apply a warm compress on the affected area to increase the flow of blood which will result to reducing the size of the lump and lessen the pain. Soak a towel in hot water as hot that can be tolerated. Wring out the excess from the towel and place it under the armpit for at least 5-10 minutes at 3-4 times every day until swelling is reduced.
- Gently massage the armpit to increase the blood circulation and lessen the swelling. Place a few drops of any massage oil on the fingertips and gently massage the affected area for a few minutes in a circular movement and upward and downward strokes. Massage the area at least 2 times every day.
- Take the prescribed Vitamin E capsule. It has anti-inflammatory properties to lessen the swelling of the lump. Another alternative is eating fruits, vegetables and milk which are very rich in vitamin E. Take at least one capsule everyday.
- Make a charcoal compress. Mix 1 teaspoon of activated charcoal with ½ teaspoon flax seed powder. Put a few drops of water and mix well until it becomes a paste. Place the paste in a clean paper towel and apply to the affected area and leave it on for at least 10-15 minutes. Perform this process daily until the lump totally disappears. Activated charcoal lessens the pain and the inflammation in a few days. It also eliminates the toxins, lessens the swelling and the pain as well as heals the infections.
- Soak the armpit in warm water for at least 3-4 minutes. After 4 minutes, submerge it in cold water for at least 2 minutes. Repeat this process 4-5 times. The cold water will lessen the pain and the warm water for proper blood and lymph circulation. It also prevents fluid accumulation in the area.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and for proper blood circulation.